This program is designed for new Canadian or immigrant artists/art workers or those who are unclear about their career direction or seeking more information and skills to be able to navigate the system.
During this online ten-week (one session per week) workshop, participants will:
- Attend 2 hours Zoom sessions twice a week for five weeks (Attendance in all ten sessions is required).
- Be connected with a professional in their field of interest through two sessions of coaching program after the ten-session workshops.
- Available grants and funds in Ontario
- Tools, services, and art organizations
- Writing resume, bio, and artist statement
- Portfolio review
- Opportunities and creative jobs
- Education system
- Idea generation
- One-on-one sessions with facilitators
Date and time:
Every Tuesday and Thursday in February (1st, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th) and March 1st and 3rd
Time: 4:30 to 6:30 pm
This program pays a $400 stipend to nominated participants to help cover the costs while receiving career training.
- Worked in the field of art in Canada or internationally
- Be a newcomer or immigrant who are unclear about their career direction (Having a PR status is not necessary)
- Be able to connect with zoom twice a week from February 1 to March 3rd, every Tue and Thursday
- Be willing to be connected with a professional in their field of interest through two sessions of coaching program after the ten session-workshops
Deadline: January 25th, 2022
APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
In partnership with Neilson Park Creative Centre
Funded by Ontario Arts Council